My jelly bean

 Pregnancy Ticker

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

12 weeks 5 days Dr's Visit

Well, We are officially approaching the end of the 1st trimester!! Yeah!!!!!!
 I had an appt at 8 weeks too, but I haven't felt like posting... or doing much of anything for that matter. Everything was perfect at that appt so there wasn't much to post anyway. We got to see the baby again and hear the heart beat and it was up to 170 bpm.

So today we did the NT Scan. I know that some choose not to have it done for their reasons, but for me if there is a possibility that there could be something wrong, then I want to know. I want to prepare for the future, by researching and learning. Any non-invasive test they want to do, go for it. So needless to say the Dr. and Tech said that the measurement was perfect!! No where near even borderline. So now we just wait for the blood test part to come back.

So at the beginning of the u/s, he (the baby) was in the complete opposite position necessary for the test, and apparently he was asleep. And he didn't want to move. It took a good 15 mins of the tech poking, prodding, jiggling, and me coughing and laughing to get him to finally wake up and move into the right spot.


Hear you can see his hand moving up to his mouth. I think he is getting ready to suck his thumb. His heart rate is starting to plateau out. Today it was 156bpm. We asked if we could record the sound of the heart beat so that we could play it over the phone for my mom but they wouldn't let us record anything.
When we saw the Dr. afterwards she tried to find the heart beat with the doppler but I have too much "fluff" in the way. LOL!! I'm ok with that as long as he is healthy.

So, as far as symptoms go... I have nausea a couple of times a day, but I've only gotten sick once. I have been really tired with absolutely no energy to do anything. My house was so bad that my neighbor and my grandmother came over one day and cleaned the whole down stairs for me. I am so blessed!! Thankfully my energy is slowly starting to come back, but the nausea has been coming more frequently over the past week. I hope it ends soon.

Next step is the appt with the high risk doctor on July 5. They will do an ultrasound to measure my cervix and we will discuss our options to help prevent preterm labor. I am hoping that progesterone shots will be all that is recommended and I can avoid having  cerclage. After that I will have my regular 16 week visit and then the gender scan at 20 weeks.

Well, so far so good....I hope it continues!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment