My jelly bean

 Pregnancy Ticker

Saturday, July 7, 2012

16 Weeks and It's a ...........

BABY!!!!! HAHAHA!! I fooled you!!


So I had my appointment on Thursday with the Perinatalist. Had a really awesome ultrasound done where we got to see all four chambers of the baby's heart pumping away, and all 4 part of the brain. She said that the baby was about 5 oz. already, which everything I have read suggests this is big because they are "normally" 31/2-4 oz. But she also said he was measuring right on track and looked absolutely healthy!! Heart rate was 146

The Dr. took my entire history and description of the events that happened with Doodle's birth. She was really great and patient and listened intently as she took notes. After listening, she had good news and bad news..

The good news is that she "doesn't think" that I have an incompetent cervix and just had spontaneous preterm labor, which means that the P17 shots should be all that is needed.

The bad news is that I have to continue to have a cervical u/s every 2-3 weeks to monitor it. In the event that my cervix does begin to open, funnel, shorten, or anything else she may not be able to even do a cerclage due to the fact that I don't have much vaginal tissue. I have no idea what that means, or what it is from, or if it affects anything else, she gave no explanation.

So yesterday, I went a picked up my shots. Thankfully, my insurance does cover the compounding of the shots and we only have to pay $35 copay every month. Then I went back to the Dr's office and met with the nurse.

She was so nice. She showed me everything to do and had me practice on a towel and then told me when I was ready to go ahead and administer the real thing to myself. Surprisingly, it didn't hurt a bit.
So 1 down and only 19 more to go (1 a week). I feel so much better that the shots have begun.

My ultimate goal is to get so HUGE and uncomfortable that I hate being pregnant and can't wait to have a baby!! With Doodle, I had just started to really feel her everyday and then it was all taken away. I want to have my baby sleep in my hospital room with me and come home with me and be healthy!! These shots are one of the first things that I can do to help insure that this happens.








Oh yeah, I almost forgot.......



Can you guess what it is?? LOL??









That's right.. It's a boy. Caleb James!! Mr. Wonderful still refuses to believe it. I think he is afraid that it could be wrong and then he would be disappointed that it was girl, but I think it is pretty obvious!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment