My jelly bean

 Pregnancy Ticker

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Drs appt


So I had my 1st u/s this past Tuesday and then my Dr's appt that afternoon after lunch. At the u/s we found out that I'm not nearly as far along as they thought.  I was 5wks 5 days, 6 wks 2 days today, which doesn't surprise me at. I have PCOS and the fact that I ovulated at all on my own is a miracle.
The u/s tech was very nice. At one point she turned on the sound and we heard a heart beat, but she didn't say anything, so I figured It was just mine. I didn't think we would have been able to hear it so early, but atleast I got to see him. She gave me a couple of pictures and told me to go have lunch and come back to see the doctor. Red Robin, here we come!! lol!!
Then I go for my appt. The Dr. was saying everything looked great on the u/s and how surprised she was that we got to hear the heart beat!! I was like "WHAT?!?" That was the baby's?? She laughed and said that it was 92 beats per min, which is low but that is just because it is still so early. She said she normally never hears one before the middle of the 6th week. So with that, everything was going GREAT!!
Then we discussed my pregnancy with DD 10 years ago which was premature, 7 1/2 weeks. We also discussed the laser surgery I had on my cervix when I was 18 for dysplaysia. 
Because of these issues, and PCOS, I am considered very high risk. I will be having u/s every 3-4 weeks. At 16 weeks I have to see a special doctor and they will measure my cervix. I will definitely have to start giving my self shots of progesterone in wk 16 thru wk 35, and worse case scenario I will have to have a stitch put in to keep my cervix closed. But she is going to do everything possible to keep this baby in here as long as possible!! I love my Doctor!! All in All a great appt and I feel sooo much better after knowing that I got hear his heart beat!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment