My jelly bean

 Pregnancy Ticker

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

What's Next??

Well I have been MIA for a while. So much has been going on. I finished my last cycle of Clomid. Yet another failed attempt. BFN yesterday morning and negative blood test from Dr. today. :(  So where do I go from here?

I went to the OB yesterday to talk about the next step and how the last 3 months had gone. I got some good news and some not so good news. I will start with the positive....

The Metformin is WORKING!!! I have lost 15 pounds!!! So exciting. I didn't really think it was doing much so when I got on the scale and saw what it said I was elated!!! So much so that when they took my blood pressure it was too high. I had to take a few breaths and calm down for them to take it again. Thankfully it was back to normal a few minutes later.  The Dr. said that another sign that it was working was that I got AF all on my own last month!

More good news is that she said I can do the clinical trial. But she would rather see me go to an RE. She said that since I want to get pregnant...like yesterday... my best option for making that happen would be to see an RE. Time wise I can understand that....financial wise I can't do it. Insurance won't cover it.

Bad news is that I'm not pregnant now. I haven't been that emotional this cycle, until today. I have been crying off and on all day. I'm not really sure why, I didn't expect for it to be positive since my temps had been dropping the last few days, but hearing the nurse say that my results were less than 1 and I am definitely not pregnant sent my emotions spiraling down hill. Maybe I'm PMSing and this is a good sign...I dunno, I guess we will see.

I have had the day to myself today, Mr. Wonderful is at work and Doodle is at her great-grandmas. At first I was looking forward to the alone time, but now...... I just feel lonely.

So Mr. Wonderful has gotten a new job. He will start on Sept. 19th. This will be a good thing. He is kinda at a stand still at his current job and the new one is in a higher position, making more money, and has the opportunity to continue to move up. This also means new health insurance.

Now, with all of this new information, where do I go from here?? This is the part I'm having a hard time trying to figure out. There are a couple of options.
1) stop taking all meds and get ready to start trial in October.
2) continue taking Met and try some herbal stuff I've been reading about. Try this natural route for a few months. This would allow us to see what the new insurance would cover (if anything). The clinical trial will be going on until 2013 so I can always try it after the 1st of the year.
3) Contact RE office, set appt and see how much it will cost (an arm and a leg, I'm sure).

I dunno. I'm stuck. I don't want to do anything that is going to be counter-productive, and I don't want to waste time, but I'm not sure that an RE is the best way to go either. I would much rather do everything I can with out using up all of financial resources. We need to have something left for when we finally do get pregnant. Going to an RE will undoubtedly be expensive. It would not be very good to spend everything we have to get a baby and then not be able to afford to take care of it when it got here.  I'm probably just being over dramatic here....like I said I am feeling very emotional today.

I guess I should go and start thinking about it and stop being such a drama queen....

No comments:

Post a Comment